Introduction Hi! You’re reading the Terms & Conditions for ThisIsNotAKetubah.com . We believe the right way to do a T&C is to do a TLC: Tender Love & Care. Our T&C is really all about the TLC that we give to every client. These T(L)C details are written by Team Ketubah – not by a lawyer. We are writing them in plain English, and not in Legalese, because we just hate legalese; we think that terms and conditions, and all legal documents, should be written in simple, clear, and comprehensible English that you can understand. Plus, we are artists, not lawyers! Principles Most important for our T(L)C is are our core principles that we are dedicated to, and that we pledge to never violate. These are:
- We pledge to do everything humanly possible to get each client the best Ketubah possible, at the most reasonable price. This is our mission and we try our hardest to achieve it.
- We pledge Fanatical Customer Service. Your wedding is very stressful and we do everything we can to make the process smooth, simple, and even fun for you! We’ll answer any questions, hold your hand—anything we possibly can do to make the Ketubah experience one of the best parts of your wedding experience. This includes being in lots of frequent contact, and being very accessible and quick to respond whenever you contact us.
- We pledge to never charge any hidden fees. We hate cell phone bills and all hidden fees, and we will never do so. Of course, if any client wants a special change, an addition or subtraction, or something done in a different way than what we do and say, then there could be cases where we might need to charge more (what if you want a 20 foot by 20 foot canvas so we need to buy one; or what if you want your Ketubah in Armenian so we need to hire an Armenian translator). Our usual fees are listed, inclusively, on the Lets Get Started Creating an Awesome Ketubah page–with nothing (usual) left out.
- We pledge to give a refund to any client who is unsatisfied with the final Ketubah—period. Enough said. We almost want to add in “no questions” but we will ask, “why?” Similarly, we will reprint your Ketubah if you are unsatisfied with it, for any reason. There is only one requirement for a refund or a reprint: you need to mail back to us the Ketubah (at your own cost) before a new one can be mailed out. This refund does not apply to custom art we create just for you, such as a custom Ketubah, color tweaks or design tweaks, or personalization or any other such custom or unique work we do for you. Note this only applies if you buy directly from us, not through a partner website (in which case, you need to follow the partner’s return policy).
- You need to pay us the total amount that we tell you the Ketubah will cost. These fees (excluding for special requests) are listed on our web site.
- If we are personalizing your Ketubah, we will send you an online questionnaire with all of the personalization information we need in order to personalize your Ketubah. This is just things like, your names, your names in Hebrew, the location you will be married, the date, and so forth. It is important you fill out that form fairly quickly after paying and don’t wait until the last minute; we need that information to personalize the Ketubah and if you fill it out at the very last minute before the wedding, we won’t have enough time to personalize it, so it will be a rush Ketubah (and therefore, the usual Rush Ketubah fee might apply—if you paid us three months ago and your wedding is in 4 days and you still haven’t gotten us the personalization information despite our 20 emails reminding you to, then we’re going to need to bust our balls these last 4 days to make sure the Ketubah is done and there on time, so the standard Ketubah has, in this odd case, turned into a Rush Ketubah. It hasn’t happened thus far, as of the time we wrote this T(L)C, and hopefully never will!)
- If you want your rabbi to review the text, you need to contact your rabbi and send him the text. We will, of course, help you do so as well, and talk directly with your rabbi as needed!
- Please remember that, the art of the final Ketubah you receive might differ, in minor ways (such as, the length of the border, or the exact placement of each word in the text) than the image on the site. We need to tweak the art often, to make each piece of text fit in perfectly.
- Create and Deliver your Ketubah. That is the whole point of this!
- Ensure the Ketubah, and the text, has all of the correct information that you gave to us, plus the correct design. If we’re personalizing the text, then of course that information needs to be correct—at least based on the information we’ve been given (since we do not have the ability to read your minds, we only know what we’re told!).
- Deliver your Ketubah before the wedding date. Insofar as possible, we will deliver it with lots of time to spare before the wedding.
- Ketubah: a Jewish wedding contract. If you have gotten this far and still don’t know what a Ketubah is—then you’re at the wrong site, and this probably isn’t for you!
- Personalization: this is when, we “fill in the blanks” into your Ketubah. A Personalized Ketubah includes, in our calligraphy and as part of the Ketubah, your names and all information directly integrated seamlessly into the Ketubah.
- An unpersonalized Ketubah, therefore, is one with blank spaces at the appropriate points where the rabbi can fill in the blanks himself.
- Client: This is someone who has paid us. This T(L)C is only between This Is Not a Ketubah and our Clients – so if you’re not a client nor a potential client then, this isn’t for you! But feel free to enjoy looking at our awesome Ketubot on our web site anyway!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org — emails here go to ALL of us!
- New York office: 280 Madison Ave, New York, New York 10016 (appointment only—we may not be there!)
- Argentina arts studio: Jorge Newbery 1817, Buenos Aires, Argentina 1425 (appointment only—we may not be there!)
- Phone: +1 (347) 627-0022
Now, the Legalese Version
Our lawyers insist that we need to also include a legalese version of the terms — and here they are! But the legalistic version includes and builds on everything we just said in human-English above.
You are important to us. And so is your privacy. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website and other sites we own and operate.
Beyond just privacy, it’s also important to use that you understand the terms and conditions of using this site. These details will be in legalese (thank you, GDPR, and thank you, expensive lawyers we can’t afford!) but we’ve tried to make them as clear as possible and to structure them to follow the golden rule: to treat you the way we would want to be treated if we were a typical user of the site. And that is to be treated with respect, with fairness, and with clarity. So without further ado:
By accessing the website, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials on our website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. Subject to the other provisions of these terms and conditions, you may:
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our website;
- stream audio and video files from our website; and
- use any services we may provide by means of a web browser,
This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on our website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials;
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server;
- use the materials on this site for business purposes without our explicit, written permission
- edit or otherwise modify material on this website without our explicit, written permission.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, or you have our explicit, written permission, you must not:
- republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- show any material from our website in public;
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our website.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by us at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format. We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities. You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
The materials on our website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
Further, we do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall we or our suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on our website, even if we or one of our authorized representatives has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on our website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. We do not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. We may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However we do not make any commitment to update the materials.
All material on this site, including textual and visual materials, are copyrighted, owned and controlled by the website, or have had all appropriate licenses obtained for their use.
We have not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by us or our site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Only When Necessary
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law, with the exception of standard and widely accepted web analytics systems such as Google Analytics, and standard and widely used online advertising platforms such as Google Adwords.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
Right to Refuse Information Request
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some or all of your desired services or communication.
Website Name follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Website Name uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
DoubleClick DART Cookies
Other & Third Party Advertisers
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Your Content: License
In these terms and conditions, “your content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our website.
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media OR reproduce, store and publish your content on and in relation to this website and any successor website OR reproduce, store and, with your specific consent, publish your content on and in relation to this website.
You grant to us the right to sub-license the rights. You grant to us the right to bring an action for infringement of the rights. You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law; and you warrant and represent that all other moral rights in your content have been waived to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. You may edit your content to the extent permitted using the editing functionality made available on our website. Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach any provision of these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may delete, unpublish or edit any or all of your content.
Your content: rules
You warrant and represent that your content will comply with these terms and conditions. Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law). Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these terms and conditions, must not:
- be libellous or maliciously false;
- be obscene or indecent;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- constitute spam; or
- be deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, menacing.
We do not warrant or represent:
- the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
- that the material on the website is up to date; or
- that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these terms and conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to this agreement, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these terms and conditions, our website and the use of our website.
You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions. You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms and conditions would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
Third party rights
A contract under these terms and conditions is for our benefit and your benefit, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of the parties’ rights under a contract under these terms and conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
We may revise these terms of service and privacy policies for our website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New York and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Questions & Contact
Does anyone actually read this? If so, drop us a note and say hi. We love people who are detail-oriented enough to read this far into the terms.